Cream Daily--Shell sponsors CNBC Energy Opportunities
Sustainability seems to be the theme of the day given our two news stories in today's post.
Check out our blog post about a methane-powered car. Would you drive a poo-powered car?
Part of humanity's reluctance to engage with environmental issues, despite some valiant efforts from the worlds most powerful brands, is due to the fact that people have cut nature out of their lives. A trip to Whole Foods and eating an apple does not count. Read full blog post here.
- Dominic Collins has been appointed chief executive of Unanimis, France Telecom-Orange’s advertising network in the UK.
- Social media group Wikio Group is to take the name of its social media advertising platform Ebuzzing, as it receives $25m in funding.
- The 2012 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity will revert back to its original dates, the third week in June, and take place on 17-23 June next year.
- Global concerns about climate change have taken a back-seat to other environmental issues, as pollution, water shortages and use of pesticides become a higher priority for consumers, according to Nielsen’s 2011 Sustainable Efforts & Environmental Concerns report.
- Havas has reported total group revenue of €765m ($1.1bn) for the first six months of 2011, owing to strong growth in LatAm, APAC and North America, according to its chief executive David Jones.